Sharing information provides a better defense for all. Imagine being in the middle of an incident and wanting to share information with peers or other parts of the organization with actionable intelligence for collaboration, detection, response, and automation. How would you do this without resorting to spreadsheets, insecure emails, or PDFs that are notoriously hard to use for automation?
MISP is a solution to this. MISP instances exchange actionable intelligence in a structured and secure manner between each other and allow for the automatic ingestion of relevant data into security controls. National agencies, CERTs, and security teams in organizations worldwide use this open-source exchange platform. MISP can also be used solely as an in-house repository of information to facilitate security control automation and to retain and correlate with historic and open-source data.
At NIL815, we provide MISP-as-a-service to get you up and running quickly.
What is MISP?
MISP, short for Malware Information Sharing Platform, is an open-source threat intelligence platform designed to help organizations share, store, and collaborate on security-related information. MISP provides a standardized format for sharing information about cyber threats, including indicators of compromise (IoCs), malware samples, and other types of threat intelligence.
MISP allows users to create, edit, and share information about threats and perform analysis on that information. The platform is designed to support multiple organizations working together with access controls, event sharing, and automated data correlation features.
Some of the key features of MISP include the following:
- Support for a wide range of threat intelligence formats, including STIX, OpenIOC, and CybOX.
- Automated correlation of events to help identify related threats.
- Integration with other security tools, such as intrusion detection systems (IDS) and security information and event management (SIEM) platforms.
- Granular access controls allow users to control who can view and edit information.
- A web-based user interface that is easy to use and navigate.
- Easy cross-organizational sharing.
Overall, MISP is a powerful tool for sharing and collaborating on threat intelligence. It can help organizations improve their security posture by enabling them to detect and respond to threats quickly.
Our MISP as a Service
NIL815 can host, run, and support MISP in a cloud infrastructure as a stand-alone solution for your organization or a multi-tenant hub for your sector.
Our MISP-as-a-service can provide you with the following benefits:
- Reduced maintenance and setup time: Using our MISP service, you don’t have to worry about setting up and maintaining the infrastructure required to run MISP. This frees up time and resources that can be used for other tasks.
- Improved scalability: Our MISP service is designed to be scalable, allowing you to scale resources as needed easily. This ensures your MISP instance can handle increased traffic and data volumes as your organization grows.
- Increased security: Our MISP service is managed by experienced security professionals responsible for ensuring the security and availability of the system. Additionally, we provide multi-factor authentication. This means you can rest assured that your MISP instance is protected against attacks and vulnerabilities.
- Enhanced collaboration: Our MISP service allows multiple teams or organizations to collaborate and share threat intelligence in real time. This makes it easier to identify and respond to emerging threats.
- Access to expert support: With our MISP service, you can access our expert support. This can include technical support, training, and guidance on best practices for threat intelligence sharing. This can help you get the most out of your MISP instance and stay ahead of emerging threats.
We provide a free service trial if you want a test drive first.
Please download our service description or feel free to drop us a line at email@example.com for more questions.